Everybody knows that business as usual is not enough to meet the new global economic and environmental challenges. To create a better industry, new approaches and advanced tools are needed. PDC applies PROSYN® to provide feasible breakthrough process designs and road maps to more sustainable production.
THE LARGEST KNOWLEDGE-BASED
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
SYSTEM FOR PROCESS DESIGN
IN THE WORLD
• Is first of its kind AI-based process design and costing technology.
• Built on over 35 years of experience. Successfully applied to (re)design state-of-the-art processes.
• Utilizes AI in conceptual process design and process engineering based on heuristic rules and numerical methods
• Starting from physical properties and chemistry, the expert system initiates the design process and determines and designs suitable technologies, unit operations, and processes.
• Provides a process design with capital and operating cost estimates at an early stage. Reinforces R&D efforts by identifying essential knowledge gaps and/or closing dead-end streets.
• Also strengthens IP and speeds up time to market.
• In total, 300 man-years have been invested in building a system of 800,000 lines of code and an estimated rebuild value of $60 million.
• Can be applied in virtually all sectors of the process industry and in all production scales, from single-unit operation to integrated production sites and industrial areas.
PROSYN® Properties is an interface giving access to physical properties databases and estimation methods. This module can be called by other modules when needed but can also be executed on a stand-alone basis.
Starting from the basic reaction conditions and qualitative reaction kinetics, the expert system performs the reactor selection and design. The possible operating conditions and heat management of the reactor are explored and recommended.
PROSYN® selects and designs alternative separation and purification technologies such as drying, filtration, crystallization, decanting, extraction, liquid phase adsorption, pressure flashing, stripping, absorption, condensation, distillation, gas phase adsorption, and membrane separation.
In order to create an integrated and optimized process design, PROSYN® considers process, heat, and water integration. This includes reactive separation such as reactive distillation, heat integration with advanced pinch technology, and water management.
It evaluates the economic feasibility of a project at a conceptual design level by estimating CAPEX and OPEX at the targeted industrial production scale.