Capital-, operation-, and total production costs are key drivers in structured conceptual process design.
Evaluation of the process economics is not only essential to assess the economic feasibility of a new technology or process concept, but is also essential to:
- select the most attractive alternatives during the conceptual design phase
- steer research and development efforts by focussing on those aspects of the technology which are most crucial for the (techno-)economic feasibility
- take stage gate decisions for piloting, demonstration or industrial implementation.
As part of our conceptual design tools, we developed a cost estimation procedure which allows assessment of the capital-, operation and production cost in an early stage of development.
Our expertise includes:
- Economic feasibility studies
- CAPEX/OPEX calculation
- Benchmarking and rating of alternative technologies
- Techno-economic sensitivity studies